The Arkeia vmOneStep™ Virtual Appliance embeds Arkeia’s Backup Server and VMware’s Virtual Disk Development Kit (VDDK) libraries, licensed from VMware. Arkeia vmOneStep permits agentless backups of vSphere hypervisors (both ESX and ESXi).
Arkeia vmOneStep Virtual Appliance is packaged as a single OVF (Open Virtualization Format) file.
It's the industry’s most rapidly deployed backup solution for VMware environments. It’s one step.
As presented in the video below, Arkeia vmOneStep Virtual Appliances can protect a variety of environments including multiple virtual machines on multiple VMware hypervisors.
Three capabilities make Arkeia solutions outstanding for protecting virtualized environments. No other data protection integrates all of these capabilities:
- Arkeia protects all the major virtual environments. It also protects more than 200 physical platforms so a single backup solution can protect your entire IT environment.
- Arkeia's Progressive Deduplication™ is truly global. It deduplicates data blocks not only across multiple virtual machines, but across multiple hypervisors. Moreover, deduplication works across both physical and virtual environments further reducing your backup size!
- Arkeia supports direct backup to disk and tape. Arkeia also replicates backup sets to local media (e.g. tape), as well as to public or private clouds, for secure off-site storage.
Read more about how Arkeia protects VMware hypervisors, vCenter deployments, and individual virtual machines using Changed Block Tracking.
vmOneStep Appliances Protect More Than Just VMware
All vmOneStep appliances can also
- Protect Microsoft Hyper-V environments (using image backup and recovery),
- Protect Citrix XenServer environments (using image backup and recovery),
- Protect over 200 physical platforms,
- Protect popular databases, applications, and directory servers.