- Arkeia Network Backup Software
- Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and related services to mobile and fixed network operators globally. Over 1,000 networks in more than 175 countries utilize Ericsson network equipment and 40 percent of all mobile calls are made through Ericsson systems. Ericsson is one of the few companies worldwide that can offer end-to-end solutions for all major mobile communication standards.
- Establish backup and recovery solution to eliminate the need for individual machine restoration
- Streamline backup procedures
- Reduce backup windows
- Ensure ISO 2700 backup and crash recovery certification
Ericsson’s TE department had grown accustomed to manually backing up individual machines. As a result, backup and recovery was a time-consuming task that led to the permanent assignment of dedicated personnel. To eliminate this practice, Ericsson selected Arkeia Software to implement a professional backup and recovery solution.
- Increased data availability and disaster recovery with reliable data protection solution
- Provided single solution for all platforms
- Reduced storage management and maintenance costs
Success at a Glance
With an extremely heterogeneous environment, Ericsson needed a data protection solution that could support multiple platforms, including Unix, Linux, and Windows OS.
“Arkeia Network Backup was the only product that perfectly suited our very heterogeneous test network.” The solution is technically appealing and the support from the Arkeia team is outstanding.” Gilbert Derus Network Security Manager, Ericsson France.
In addition to Arkeia Network Backup, Ericsson is also using Arkeia’s Disk to Tape functionality. Data is backed up on disk and then copied to tapes or external archiving. In the case of the backup server, a tape drive is connected to the server to increase the efficiency of the DR agent, which provides an additional layer of security for all business critical data.