The Arkeia Network Backup Agent for Microsoft SQL Server protects SQL Server databases including Express and MSDE providing flexible recovery operations of SQL Server instances, databases, file groups, and individual files without requiring application downtime. Arkeia Network Backup offers simplified management of SQL Server data protection by providing a point-and-click GUI. To ensure fast and reliable SQL Server backups, the SQL Server Backup Agent integrates with the Virtual Device Interface (VDI) backup API.
Microsoft SQL Server Backup Agent Features
- Object-oriented architecture allows easy creation and modification of backup policies, no matter how complex or varied.
- Restore functions can be fully automatic or manually configured for specified databases file groups or files.
- Relocate databases to an alternate instance
- Relocate with rename capabilities
- Point-in-time (PIT) recovery
VSS for MS SQL Server Backup
With Arkeia Network Backup v8.2, Arkeia Software extends SQL Server backup capabilities to enable snapshot-based backups by leveraging Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS). VSS based backups ensure reliable and transactionally consistent backups with little or no impact on running applications.
Arkeia Software offers backup and recovery solutions for Windows desktop and server operating systems. The Arkeia Network Backup Agent for Windows also protects the Windows registry, COM+ databases, certificates, and event logs as well as optionally Exchange, Active Directory and SharePoint.