Arkeia's module for Microsoft Exchange Server is designed to provide multiple levels of security for business-critical data, with fast online backup and restore that minimizes downtime. All aspects of mail server data, such as messages, attachments, and calendar events, are protected by Arkeia's award-winning technology. A user-friendly GUI offers flexible scheduling solutions for System Administrators to protect Exchange Server databases without requiring knowledge of Exchange internals.
Exchange Backup Agent Features
- Uses native Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) API following strict Microsoft backup formats to insure precise integration.
- Capability for four parallel backups optimizing the backup speed for large servers with storage groups on different hard-drives.
- Online backup and restore.
- Recover to Recovery Storage Group (RSG) for mailbox and message level recoveries.
- Consistency checks during full and copy backups to insure accuracy on the fly.
- Page zeroing security factor that erases all data from deleted email.
- Support of Site Replication Service that insures compatibility between MS-Exchange 5.5 and 2000 servers.
- Backup of Key Management Server, allowing restoration of encrypted data.
- Equally efficient restore options include point in time recovery of stored data and last backup restore with transaction log "replay".
VSS for MS Exchange Server Backup
With Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft only supports Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) based backups. Arkeia Network Backup includes support for Exchange 2010 and it's latest features and will continue to support earlier versions of Exchange. Other features include:
- Redirected restores to an alternate server.
- Passive-node backup of high availability deployments, including CCR/LCR/SCR (2007).
- Restores to Recovery Storage Groups (2007) and Recovery Databases (2010) for mailbox and message-level recoveries
Arkeia Software offers backup and recovery solutions for Windows desktop and server operating systems. The Arkeia Network Backup Agent for Windows also protects the Windows registry, COM+ databases, certificates, and event logs as well as optionally Exchange, Active Directory MS SQL and SharePoint.