Arkeia has proven to be robust, reliable and flexible, and we would recommend it to anyone."
Wayne Bradford, University of Utah Center for High Performance Computing
Educational institutions need fast, reliable, easy-to-use solutions that fit ever shrinking budgets. Arkeia Network Backup has been the chosen backup solution by hundreds of educational institutions across the globe for more than a decade. Whether you are a primary education, secondary education, or higher education such as a university or a vocational institution, Arkeia has backup solutions to meet your needs.
Arkeia Network Backup protects data stored on your network and can be deployed as software, a physical appliance or even as a virtual appliance. Universities have been early adopters of Linux and open source technologies, and Arkeia delivers the broadest and deepest support for Linux and open systems. Finally, with hundreds of primary, secondary, colleges and universities as customers, Arkeia has the experience to know-how to make you successful.
Backup Needs for Education
- Multiflow allows multiple backup streams from a single client or many clients, meaning you can backup large amounts of data simultaneously
- Multiplexing to disk and tape allows multiple streams from either a single or multiple clients to be sent to a single device
- No staging to disk means your backups to tape are faster because this extra step is avoided
- Extensive support for disk technologies means you can take advantage of the random access read and write speeds of disk wherever it makes sense
In most IT shops time is a critical limitation. Arkeia is designed to be easy to learn, easy to use and easy to maintain. This means there is no long learning curve with our products. It also means that when there are inevitable changes to your environment, you can adapt your backup strategy quickly and easily. Arkeia is easy to use because of features including:
- Web graphical user interface (GUI) that is modern and easy-to-use, allowing the backup server to be administered from anywhere
- Simple installation with only a single command to install clients on Linux and only two commands to install the backup server
- User-initiated restores with Custom Restore Objects (CROs) offer a friendly way for end-users to perform restores of their own data
- Flexibility with three different ways of delivering our solution: software only, an appliance, or a virtual appliance. Also, it’s highly and easily customized to fit your requirements
- See Arkeia in action
Data has become one of our most precious assets. Academic activities such as scientific research or simply providing good student support and services demands easily accessible, highly secure data. No one wants to trust their data protection to an unproven technology or risky company. Arkeia has a proven track record of delivering rock-solid products, and we have:
- 7,000 customers, including hundreds of primary and secondary education institutions
- Stable code base with a proven core protecting data since 1997
- World class technical support organizations, with more than an average of five years product experience
Educational institutions must regularly make tradeoffs about where to spend what seem like ever smaller budgets. We recognize this challenge and deliver the best value in our segment to educational customers. Learn more about Arkeia's value leadership.
- Special discounts to educational institutions (contact sales to learn more)
- The option to rent and pay as you go or purchase the solution outright, whichever best suits your budget requirements
- No charge for additional slots in your tape drive or by number of CPUs in Agent or backup server machines
- Virginia Tech Bookstores Rely on Arkeia Appliances
- Cambridge University Case Study
- Arkeia online demos