The Remote Storage Option (RSO) of Arkeia Network Backup allows Backup Agents to access local storage devices. Like the Shared Storage Option, the RSO provides another form of LAN-free backup, reducing bandwidth requirements of the local area network.
The Remote Storage Option supports virtually all SCSI-attached storage devices, including tape drives and tape libraries. However, note that the RSO is not a substitute for Backup Replication. While Backup replication allows data to traverse the WAN, the RSO requires a LAN connection to the Backup Server controlling the Agent.
- Deploy storage nodes over the network
- Centralized administration of the storage nodes
- Provides both local backup and remote backup of other clients
- Backup to tape and to disk (VTL)
- Multiflow and multiplexing enabled
- Multi-OS support: Linux, UNIX, Windows
- Reduces network bandwidth requirements: no need to transfer the data through the network
- Ideal for distributed environments and architectures divided into sub-networks
- Optimizes hardware investments by allowing sharing of drives across the network